Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

can't e-file new york (non-resident) state tax return

i am getting this message: "it looks like you have a tax situation in your new york tax return that makes it ineligible for e-filing". i have searched this thread and found the instructions about the dreaded box 14 and have tried all of the suggestions. i've had this problem for years and i recall that last year i was able to mess around with box 14 and get it to accept e-filing, but this time it doesn't seem to be working.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Instructions for Form IT-203 states: 

"Enter that part of the federal amount that represents taxable unemployment compensation you received as a nonresident resulting from employment in New York State. If the unemployment compensation received from New York State sources is based on wage or salary income earned partly in and partly out of New York State, determine the amount allocable to New York State in the same manner as the wage and salary income on which it is based."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thanks for your response but i don't think this is relevant. i did that. i have filled out form IT-203 many times. that is not the problem. the problem is that after everything is complete turbotax won't let me e-file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies