Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CAN SOMEONE HELP FINALLY?!!

I couldn't file my tax return on time because I couldnt get past the screen for your "Plus Benefits" add on feature in order to proceed to the filing stage. I paid for the add-on by accident thinking I was paying for the filing service. I didnt know the filing service was free because when I initially went to the Website I selected the Deluxe version as I do every year. I tried calling a dozen times, but was met with a lot of incompetence. I was told I cannot get a refund. Even if I cant get a refund, I shouldnt be held hostage to the "Plus Benefits" signup screen and not able to file my return. Turbo took payment for the add-on then wanted me to consent and agree to terms and agreements to have my data shared and proceed to the third party page to finish signing up for the add-on. I didnt want to consent or agree to the terms and agreement, but it doesnt allow you the option to decline. This is stupid. Consent and agreement to terms should be taken at the time of payment- not after! What a scam! So now my filing is just sitting there. Its been completed since 4/14/24.  I don't think I will use Turbo in the future after being a customer for 20 years. Its clear that Turbo does not empower employees to resolve non-tax issues. Its clear that you do not have a back-up plan in case there is a glitch in the system and your software doesn't work. I got all kinds of crappy service, explanations and excuses from people on the 800# who in the end couldn't do CRAP! I was told to contact the Third Party partner. CSIdentity says they dont have my information to give me a refund. Which makes sense because I did not consent for Turbo to share my data with them. What a disaster!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND GET RID OF THAT **bleep** PAGE SO I CAN MOVE ON AND FILE MY RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

CAN SOMEONE HELP FINALLY?!!

Duplicate question. Please post your question only once. This is a message forum, not live chat. It might take some time before someone responds to your question.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies