Can my son claim himself for part of a year?

I claimed my college student (22 years old) that lived in my house thru July, I did not enter his 1098T info, can he claim himself for the other 1/2 year? If not , can I enter a revised claim and include his 1098T info on my taxes? Will it make a difference?

MinhT

You cannot claim your son for only half of the year. If you provided more than half of his support in 2016, then he is your dependent and you only can claim his education expenses. By including his 1098-T, you may be eligible for education deductions or credits and it would make a positive difference to your taxes.

If he has income and has to file his own tax return, he has to indicate that he is claimed as a dependent by someone else in the Personal Info section of TurboTax.

MinhT