Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I review why my other income on line 10 form 1 doesn’t agree with what’s carried forward to my 1040 ?

My other income is from my Business & Rental Income. These two items don’t agree with what’s carried forward to my 1040 ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Can I review why my other income on line 10 form 1 doesn’t agree with what’s carried forward to my 1040 ?

The tag below your question says that you are using TurboTax Free Edition. But you cannot report business income and rental income in Free Edition. What version of TurboTax are you actually using? Are you using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download "Desktop" TurboTax software? What edition are you using (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, etc.)?

The total additional income on Schedule 1 line 10 is carried to Form 1040 line 8. Are you saying that Form 1040 line 8 is not equal to Schedule 1 line 10?

There could be other additional income on Schedule 1 besides business income and rental income. You can't assume that it's only business income and rental income. Business income from Schedule C in on Schedule 1 line 3. Rental income from Schedule E is on Schedule 1 line 5. Do you have anything else on Schedule 1 lines 1 through 9?

Look at the actual tax forms, not summary screens in TurboTax. See the following FAQ for instructions to view your Form 1040 in TurboTax Online. "Preview my 1040" will also show you Schedules 1, 2, and 3.

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies