I am using Turbotax CD. 2018. It did not give me an option to import business data from Turbotax 2017 on my same computer.
Yes, if your 2017 tax file is on your computer you can transfer it into your 2018 return. You will want to start a new return and then transfer the 2017 file into it. See the steps below from a TurboTax FAQ on transferring your tax files:
- Open TurboTax 2018 and choose to Start a New Return from the TurboTax File
- Don't open an existing return by selecting Continue.
- When your 2017 tax file appears on the Good News screen, select it and click Transfer Return.
- If you don't see last year's tax file, select Browse and in the new window, select All Files (*.*) from the drop-down in the lower right corner. Then browse to wherever you stored your 2017 return and open it.
- If you still can't locate your return, it might be on another computer. We've got instructions on moving your return to a new computer.
- After the transfer is complete, check the screen for any special instructions. If none, select Continue.
- Now save your new tax file to ensure you don't lose any info and continue to follow the on-screen instructions,
- You'll also have a chance to review, edit, or delete transferred information later on.
Note that once you've gone past the Transfer screens, you can't revisit them. If you need to re-transfer, start fresh with a new return by following the steps above.