Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I file taxes if my 2023 income was still? If I filed taxes in 2020 and never received one or both stimulus checks for Indiana residents can I file to receive them?

For 2022-2023 stimulus money $200 and $125
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Can I file taxes if my 2023 income was still? If I filed taxes in 2020 and never received one or both stimulus checks for Indiana residents can I file to receive them?

Yes, you may be eligible for the $200 if you file your 2022 tax return now, as well as your 2023 tax return.  It appears if you didn't get the $125, you may be eligible for the $200.

Am I eligible to receive the Automatic Taxpayer Refunds?

Eligible taxpayers should receive an Automatic Taxpayer Refund if they filed an Indiana resident tax return for the 2020 tax year with postmark date of Jan. 3, 2022.

The State Comptroller recently processed two automatic taxpayer refunds. The first refund ($125) resulted from Indiana closing the 2021 fiscal year with $3.9 billion in reserves to create an excess reserve transfer of $1.1 billion to be split between retirement funding and an automatic income tax refund for Hoosier taxpayers. The second refund ($200) stems from the Indiana General Assembly passing Senate Enrolled Act (SEA) 2 , which was signed by Governor Eric Holcomb on August 5, 2022 providing a second automatic tax refund of $200 to qualifying taxpayers.

It may be best to contact Indiana (IN) Department of Revenue for the deadline to obtain the stimulus money.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies