Can I file for 2017 tax year? how can I get to the correct turbo tax form? I mailed in my 2016 taxes to the IRS.

can I file for tax year 2017 only ?

Which form are you looking for

1040 EZ & 1040A I think . Our taxes are simple this year, we live in Arizona  T.Y.

Ok, start in the free version and enter your information.  TurboTax will choose which form you should file based on your entries.

The turbo site brings up deluxe- what you used last year. ... under your tax returns/ docs:  lists 2016 started  Amend 2016 return, download/print(PDF) , My Docs , Download tax file . The Turbo wants me to finish 2016 & charge me . How do I get past this & just work on 2017?  The system won't let me get to the free site and enter any information.  T.y. again.

Yes, you can only file for the 2017 Tax Year at this time.