cphill7

Can I do home office deductions on 2017 Deluxe. I keep getting a recommendation to upgrade when I try.

MichelleT

If you only need to add a 1099 misc income, then the lowest product that supports this is the Deluxe. Deluxe does support Sch C (1099 Misc) Deluxe only allows you to enter 1099-Misc income wages.

Self Employed has these schedules, that Deluxe does not:

Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses 

Schedule E Supplemental Income and Loss, including rental property 

Schedule C/C-EZ Profit or Loss from Business (Expenses) 1099 misc

Below is the link to a useful chart of TurboTax products and the features for each product as well as the Tax Forms each program includes. You can search by product or by forms supported.

Scroll down past middle of the page and click on Tax Forms, highlighted in blue.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

MichelleT

Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses