Can I dispute repayment of PTC? I did not know my marketplace insurance renewed automatically without consent from 2018 to 2019 and now I owe based on 1095-A/8962.

I had marketplace health insurance for all of 2018. Then in 2019 I had insurance through my employer. However, in January and February of 2019 my marketplace health insurance decided to automatically renew, but I obviously did not pay the premium they were attempting to collect, so the policy was cancelled at the end of Feb 2019. However, since the policy renewed, there was still Premium Tax Credit paid for those two months, and given my status I need to repay about $600 of the PTC. Is there any way to dispute this, since I never intended to have the 2018 health insurance policy renew automatically?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MaryK4

Yes, but any disputes would have to be made with the Marketplace where you purchased the insurance- not the IRS.