Can I claim my Mom as dependent for first 7 months of 2018, if she started receiving CA state health insurance in August 2018?

Medi-CAL documentation says that I cannot claim her as dependent, which is fine - but can I claim her as dependent from January to July 2018?

Thanks.

No.  When you claim someone as a dependent, it is either for the entire year or not at all.  If you have a reason to not be claiming her as a dependent, such as this insurance reason, then you cannot claim her for any portion of the year.