Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shashvat3

Can I buy TurboTax software on Amazon and transfer the tax information I have entered on Turbotax website, to the software?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I buy TurboTax software on Amazon and transfer the tax information I have entered on Turbotax website, to the software?

9 Replies

Are you asking how to switch from a 2016 tax return you started this year online to continue it in the desktop product (which happens to be from Amazon)?    If so, that can be done.  It doesn't matter where the desktop product is from.   We can tell you how to do that.

Or are you asking if you can transfer 2015 return data downloaded from Online TurboTax (i.e., the *.tax2015 data file) into 2016 desktop software purchased from software?  That, too, can be done.  We can tell you how to do that, too.

So let us know which one you are doing, and someone will be able to tell you how to do it.
shashvat3

I was asking about my year 2016 tax return which I have already filled online. Thank you.

Have you already filed it, or is it still in preparation and you want to finish it in the desktop software?

Why do you want to use desktop instead?
shashvat3

Its on sale.

Did you pay for TT Online yet?

shashvat3

no.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies