talhainamk

Can I add/edit my health insurance coverage in already filed tax-return ? I filed my 2017 tax return without showing medical insurance, is it bad ?

SherekaB

The 1095-C does not need to be entered on your tax return. It is for informational purposes.  The main thing is that you answered that you had health insurance correctly in that section. 

Look at the form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ (the main tax return). On line 61, line 38, or line 11 (respectively) for the "personal responsibility payment". If there's an amount on this line, you've paid a penalty.

talhainamk

I have got 1095-C
SherekaB

SherekaB

@talhainamk  See my answer above.
talhainamk

yes there is amount on line 11. Means I have paid penalty ? Is there anyway to take back that amount ? because I got my 1095-C after getting my tax-return.
talhainamk

oh sorry,, on 1040EZ,, there is no amount in line 11,, I have checked box FULL-YEAR-COVERAGE, and there is no line 61 and 38 on 1040EZ.  Means I have not paid any penalty ! correct me if I am wrong. Thanks a lot for your help 🙂
SherekaB

Yes, that means you answered the questions correctly and did not pay a penalty. You are welcome.