Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can Form 1041 with a refund be first electronically filed and Form 1310 with documentation for court appointed representative be mailed after Efiling?

I have completed Form 1041 with a refund.  I want to file electronically but Form 1310 is required.  Can I file electronically and follow up later by mail - Form 1310, or should I first mail Form 1310 and then follow up a week or so later by E-Filing form 1041?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Can Form 1041 with a refund be first electronically filed and Form 1310 with documentation for court appointed representative be mailed after Efiling?

It's best to file both together by mail.  The IRS has a difficult time putting all the documents together.  Unless you can attach a .pdf of the 1310 (unlikely)  when filing it electronically, the advice given is the best scenario for the IRS to process the return in a timely manor.  Do not e-file and then mail the 1310 later separately.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Any refund check issued after filing a 1041 and 1310 is almost certainly going to made payable to "The Estate of.....", anyway, so it sort of defeats the purpose.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies