Solved: Can anyone tell me what happens to your state refund when you efile & your federal return is offset due to student loans?

Can anyone tell me what happens to your state refund when you efile & your federal return is offset due to student loans?

If your federal student loans are in default, the Department of Education can refer your account to the Department of Treasury for collection by an offset of your federal (and in some cases state) tax returns.

Your best bet is to check with your state and check the refund status.