Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California efile rejected error SCHCA/NR-043

My 2022 CA efile was rejected twice, both after no error found in TT. Error shown in <filing status>:

SCHCA/NR-043 - Schedule CA (540 Part I or 540NR Part II) Section B Line 9a column (A) (TotalOtherIncome) must equal Section B Line 8 (a - z).

My CA SCHCA Part I-B line 9a column (A) has -608, line 8z also has -608. There is NO error, unless a negative number is not allowed.

<What needs to be done> says "will be resolved in upcoming release 3/24/22".

But I've seen older posts that say updates have not fixed error. Help and thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

SOLVED myself, e-file accepted. TT gave me the wrong efile rejection error message, but did point me to the problem form and lines.

Sched CA had two negative numbers for other income transferred from the federal return. There should NOT be a negative other income. I had a 1099-MISC with $608 in Box 3. In the federal Step-By-Step, TT asked if that was wages. Whether I answered Yes or No, TT did NOT change the underlying worksheet/form. I had to uncheck the box manually and clear the amount in wages on the worksheet for the federal return, which fixed CA also. Total income and taxes for both returns did not change.

The CA e-file rejection was caused by a TT BUG in the handling of 1099-MISC income on the federal return, which transferred to the CA return. Thanks, TurboTax. 😕

Same issue for me. I fixed it and CA now accepted. Thanks for posting this.

You're welcome. I thought others might have had the mystery and frustration.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies