Waited till last minute, completed taxes, efiled. Then TTax told me I have to mail in my return. It's 11:47 pm, cant get to the post office in time. Am I now late?

I waited until the last minute to efile. Then Turbo tax told me that I have to mail in my return as well. It's too late to make it to the post office before midnight. So am I late since I efiled in time, but I did not mail before midnight.

You can file an extension, and then mail the return tomorrow. Don't forget to pay any tax you owe today!

but to be timely the extension must be postmarked 4/15.    

But I just efiled. It hasn't been accepted or rejected yet...just TTax telling me that I need to mail it even though I efiled... no other info provided. Doesn't sound right to file an extension when I just efiled my return (with 10 minutes to spare). I guess it will be rejected?

If the return is rejected, you'll have 3 days to fix it and refile! So don't worry too much tonight!

Awesome. Will they tell me why it is rejected? Ttax had no errors, just a note at the end that I also have to mail it even though I efiled it. I dont know why it gave no explanation or info. Just by the way you need to mail your return also. Never had that before.