Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bug with 2 topics

My son just finished his tax return on my TT Home and Business. For his CA return, he does not have health insurance due to very low income (reason M). However, he does not have an official exemption code number yet. When preparing the return, it said that's ok, just choose "No ECN" from the dropdown. So that is what he did. Yet in the final review, it said this entry was wrong. It demanded he put in the actual ECN number, even though right above the input box, we could see it said "No ECN". We tried to write in No ECN again, and it wouldn't accept it. A pop-up said we could only put in No ECN OR the number, but not both! Even though at that moment, the field was actually empty, and we tried to put in "No ECN" and it wouldn't take it. And we clearly didn't have BOTH in there, because it was demanding that he put in the number! In the end, it would not accept it for electronic filing because of this glitch. VERY FRUSTRATING -- and needs to be fixed!

The second and similar issue I've run into for years is on my other son's return. He lives in South Korea and is married to a Korean "non-resident alien" who does not have a social security number. The IRS instructions clearly say to just write NRA in the social security input field for his wife. But Turbo Tax will NOT accept that, and keeps demanding a numerical input. This is another programming glitch which then makes the electronic filing impossible.

PLEASE FIX THESE TWO GLITCHES! BASIC BASIC PROGRAMMING HERE!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies