turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bug in form 1099-DIV Worksheet

I'm filling out 1099-div, linking the output to Form 1116 when appropriate. At the bottom of the form is "recipient's address and zip code". Whether I type the information or click the "transfer address" box, "foreign country" shows as an error even though it's blank (I am a US resident). If I don't check the transfer box, other fields are highlighted as erroneous; while the State and Zip are blank, "foreign country" is red, but if I put in a state and zip, they highlight as red as well. Please investigate. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

as a US resident (or even a nonresident)  neither the payors nor the recipient's information should be needed.  it's not used for anything.  What other box numbers are red because nothing I could do could produce the recipient's boxes to be red.

if you imported the info there may be corruption for that form. you may need to delete it and enter the info manually.

Your advice worked. Print the auto-downloaded sheet to retain the info, delete the form, Zoom to a new copy of the form, type in the info., and it works.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies