turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maglib
Level 11

Best Prices for Turbotax Products and Military Filers and Simple Basic Tax Returns

I don't work for Turbotax. This is my opinion.  

This question gets asked over an over.  The best prices are found at Sams Club, Costco and Amazon unless you are eligible for the FREE or MILITARY EDITIONS..  Do note many offers out there do NOT include a free state so make sure a free state product is included before you buy.  NEVER buy from unverified 3rd parties like ebay or unknown vendors (normally too good to be true, is fraudulent).   If you are looking for the MILITARY FREE, or the FREE EDITION they are NOT the same as the editions on the TURBOTAX main SITE.  The best version of the software is actually DESKTOP as it allows much more functionality. Online version is safe though if you want to use it.

TURBO TAX FREE is only for people with simple returns: W-2,Interest or dividends (1099-INT/1099-DIV) that don’t require filing a Schedule B, IRS standard deduction, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC), and Student loan interest deduction.  Once you start and have anything more complicated it will make you pay for the higher level so be careful.   Make sure you start on the FREE site and not the Turbotax main site. https://turbotax.intuit.com/modals/dynamic/?instance=c8a3VjD55

TURBOTAX MILITARY  go to the military site directly or you won't get the discount. https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/military-edition.jsp

• Offer valid for active duty and reservists of an enlisted rank (E-1 through E-9) active duty and reserve personnel are eligible for the Military Discount. Commissioned officers, warrant officers, veterans, retirees and National Guard do not qualify for free TurboTax Online discount at this time.
    (E-1 through E-9) with a W2 from DFAS
  • Excludes National Guard members
  • Excludes TurboTax Live products
  • Discount will be applied when you are ready to file
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
maglib
Level 11

Best Prices for Turbotax Products and Military Filers and Simple Basic Tax Returns

No replies needed, just informative posting.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies