Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gorb

Be careful if you click the live chat button!

I was expecting to pay $69.00 to get my taxes done but got stumped on a question so I clicked on the live chat button for help and the assistant asked for my telephone number to call and discuss it. Problem was, he never mentioned that would automatically upgrade me so now I would have to pay $139.00 plus tax to finish my taxes and file. My Son recommended TurboTax but I can't wait to tell him of the incident I just went through. They may have lost more than just me as a customer as his gf and other friends will be sure to heat about this little prank. And no TurboTax I did not notice the little symbol changed in the upper left corner when I clicked to chat. No wonder the guy was in such a hurry to give me a call, he obviously gets extra commission to get someone to fall for this and once he made the call he couldn't wait to get me off the line and sucker in someone else. Lesson learned, never again and can't wait until my Son reads this!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Be careful if you click the live chat button!

The guy does not get extra commission for this.  I agree that there should be a clear warning that you are switching to a higher fee for TurboTax Live.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies