turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Baltimore City

I live in Baltimore City and am trying to efile my returns.  

On the Information Worksheet under Locality Information it says "Maryland county (Baltimore City residents leave blank.)"  I live in Baltimore City but it will not let me leave the filed blank, Baltimore CIty is not a choice in the drop-down list, and I cannot proceed.  

Also, the instructions say "... select your County or, if applicable, 'Baltimore City'".  Again, Baltimore City is not a choice and filling in Baltimore City is not what the instructions say,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Baltimore City

Are you using the desktop product? I just tried this on the Online product, and the product is behaving as it should, not as you describe.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Baltimore City

The issue popped up when I was e-filing.  The screen that popped showing the incorrect “county”  field didn’t show the whole form, it ended at the incorrect field, which it wouldn’t let me leave blank even though I live in Baltimore City.  When I went to form view, which showed the whole form, there was a field right under the “county” field which was for city or county.  Once I selected “Baltimore City” in that field I was allowed to leave the “county” field blank and e-file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies