Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

At the very end of submitting my return, there was a fee listed for 39.99 for using my return to pay TurboTax, I didn’t see that anywhere as I would’ve paid it. Anyone else feel dooped?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

At the very end of submitting my return, there was a fee listed for 39.99 for using my return to pay TurboTax, I didn’t see that anywhere as I would’ve paid it. Anyone else feel dooped?

This is what the payment options screen looks like ... did you miss the mention of the extra fee ?     

After you choose that option you also had to agree on the next page ...

And if you back up you will see that fee was added to the bill ...

Yeah, the fee was the same as the cost of TurboTax deluxe. Kind of assumed that’s just what it was, being as the only itemized bill shown, other than at the very end, said 79.96. Shady add-on fees are why people get aggravated with this software

I agree that the receipt page should be shown again after the agreement page especially since the Deluxe & Refund processing fee are the same this year (was not in the past).

I was on the phone 37 minutes and got no where. They basically stated that because it was submitted there was no way to reverse it and pay by card. I kind of get it, but there was only hours between my submission and speaking with someone, the return still hasn’t even been accepted, and “processed” a day after the call

Sorry I didn't tell you but unless the return is rejected you are stuck ... nothing can be changed after the return has been accepted not even the payment structure.  Once you submit the return it is sent to a third party holding server where nothing can be taken back ... it's just like putting a letter in the mail box, no matter how much you plead the postman cannot just give it back to you. This is a security feature that is not working in your favor. Could you imagine what would happen if that holding server had a back door ?  It would be such easy pickings for the hackers.

Yeah , I kinda figured that. As I said the return hadnt even been “processed” let alone accepted

To be more hysterical, my refund was rejected due to an issue with 2016 AGI, called TurboTax and was told they couldn’t do anything. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was given an attitude and told it would take 45 minutes on hold to reach someone. I said sure and she hung up after 5 minutes, the call itself was 15 minutes so including my last call that’s an hour wasted of my time. TurboTax needs to issue debits to folks’ accounts for this hidden fee, I am not the only one dealing with this seeing as the question is being asked a lot

Rejection  is a good thing for you    ...  All you need to do now  is complete the FILE tab again and this time choose to pay the fee with a CC instead of the refund processing service and fix the AGI issue.

Yeah, I got it sorted earlier, customer service was of zero help, told me it was impossible. I went on the app, paid by card and fixed the AGI. The lack of knowledge from cUstomer service is pathetic

Well you didn't post back here ... I would have told you sooner.

You didn’t respond within 2 hours, it was already done, anyway. I’m glad you were attempting to be helpful, pass some intelligence on to your colleagues
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies