Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

At final review step. Regarding the 1099-R provider's info...it will not accept U.S. address as the type, keeps asking me to review?

Software continues to take me to Review steps on 1099-R form
Why?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

At final review step. Regarding the 1099-R provider's info...it will not accept U.S. address as the type, keeps asking me to review?

It depends. 

There could be a stray character or space in the input for the US address that is causing a review prompt.  I recommend reviewing your input for the 1099-R that is being flagged.

To do this, log back into TurboTax.

1. Select Wages & Income. 
  2. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security.
  3. Select Start/Revisit to the right of IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).
  4. Select Edit to the right of the applicable 1099-R that is giving you an error message in the review.
  5. Proceed through the screens until you see the screen titled "Confirm your provider's info."  If everything looks correct and you do not see any stray characters entered, you can also delete the input and then re-enter your 1099-R information.  This might clear up the error and allow you to continue.

If you need to delete the 1099-R input, follow the instructions above up to step 4.  When you see the screen titled "Here's your 1099-R info," select the trash can to the right of the applicable 1099-R.  This will remove the 1099-R that is resulting in the errors.  You can then select +Add another 1099-R and proceed to reinput your 1099-R form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends. 

There could be a stray character or space in the input for the US address that is causing a review prompt.  I recommend reviewing your input for the 1099-R that is being flagged.

To do this, log back into TurboTax.

1. Select Wages & Income. 
  2. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security.
  3. Select Start/Revisit to the right of IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).
  4. Select Edit to the right of the applicable 1099-R that is giving you an error message in the review.
  5. Proceed through the screens until you see the screen titled "Confirm your provider's info."  If everything looks correct and you do not see any stray characters entered, you can also delete the input and then re-enter your 1099-R information.  This might clear up the error and allow you to continue.

If you need to delete the 1099-R input, follow the instructions above up to step 4.  When you see the screen titled "Here's your 1099-R info," select the trash can to the right of the applicable 1099-R.  This will remove the 1099-R that is resulting in the errors.  You can then select +Add another 1099-R and proceed to reinput your 1099-R form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies