DRS74

Asked to "Check This Entry" on Form 8379 review. Says check Lines 15G(b)

I want to take the standard deduction and do not really have any itemized deductions but the form won't allow me to leave 15G lines b and c blank or to put any other values in there. No matter what I enter in those lines (or leave blank) it says the value is unacceptable.

DianeW777

When you check the entry, you may need to make sure you completely clear the field by highlighting and using the delete key. If this doesn't clear the error you should try to delete the form and then re-enter.

• To make sure the form is completely clear, you should change any entries made previously and then go back to select 'No' you do not want to claim it.  Then start your injured spouse over.
  1. Open your TurboTax return
  2. In the search box (upper right) > Type injured spouse > Press enter > then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Do you want to claim innocent or injured spouse relief?
  4. Carefully follow the onscreen instructions. (see images below)

DianeW777

1. Open your TurboTax return

DRS74

Thanks so much! I tried everything and wasted a whole day trying to make this work. Your answer took me about 10 minutes and fixed it! You saved my sanity!