Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1952TR

approve income tax on February 7th

I got approved on February 7th for my income tax and then it said it would come a couple weeks after that and it's been it's been three and a half months and I still haven't gotten anything and I keep calling TurboTax no one ever gets back to me I'm sending emails I haven't heard anything I just want to know what's going on IRS does it have anything on file it just says pending both of them say pending but I can't get a hold of one no one and I'm just wondering like what's going on

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Your post seems to be conflicting. First you say, "I got approved on February 7th for my income tax" then you say, "it just says pending both of them say pending ".  What is "both of them"?  Federal and state returns maybe? If so, what state?

For your federal tax return *ONLY*, what status is shown at www.irs.gov/refunds ?

I suspect your return was 'accepted' by the IRS on Feb 7 - that is similar to the mailroom signing for the return. The IRS is woefully behind and I'd list sit tight for another 3-4 months.....

according to the IRS website, they are still processing 2020 tax returns,......they are in the process of hiring 10,000 people and I suspect that in 3 months some of these backlogs may be resolved.  

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue#coll...

The IRS is opening mail within normal timeframes and all paper and electronic individual refund returns received prior to April 2021 have been processed if the return had no errors or did not require further review.

As of May 20, 2022, we had 9.8 million unprocessed individual returns which include returns received before 2022, and new tax year 2021 returns. Of these, 2 million returns require error correction or other special handling, and 7.8 million are paper returns waiting to be reviewed and processed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies