Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Annoyed by TurboTax for macOS is totally on Intel chip

I am irritated that FY2023 TurboTax for macOS is totally Intel, meaning you *must* use Rosetta. The transition to Apple Silicon was announced in mid-2020, and it's not like Intuit does not have the resources to migrate the architecture. I probably won't need it, but later, I might have a system without Rosetta. 

My tax situation is utterly simple, so I could have used the free version. I bought the desktop version just in case I needed it later, but now, I need to keep my macOS (Sonoma, which has Rosetta).

If Intuit wanted to do something nice for the users, they could recompile the latest version (and a few previous years) into Apple silicon. Intuit does not even need to keep the Intel code. 

Also, Intuit needs to test those "Learn More" windows. Unless you manually narrow them, the right side is cut off if you print to paper or make a PDF. Further, you can't select text to copy then paste elsewhere to get a larger size. (To my fortune, I have an app to take a screenshot and pull the text out. Intuit, if you disabled the user's ability to select text and copy to the clipboard for some silly security reason, you have wasted your time.)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies