mivida6801

Amendment Return for 2021

I file a 1040X on 4/28 I was told it takes up to 16 weeks but it’s still pending. I forgot to add unemployment benefits for the pandemic will I still be able to receive the taxes I was charged for that money back?

macuser_22

Amendment Return for 2021

@mivida6801 wrote:

16 Weeks is the "normal" time but it is not normal.    With COVID restrictions, extra workload to pay all the stimulus payments, the unemployment refunds, etc, the IRS is sadly way behind and backlogged. 16 weeks is more like 6 to 8 months currently.   The IRS is still working on about 9 million 2019 tax returns that have not been processed.

macuser_22

Amendment Return for 2021

@mivida6801 wrote: