Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

matts19

Amending 2022 return to declare Partnership closure, but it's not reflecting in generated PDF

I went through the tubotax online questions on the partnership, entering sales, profit, etc.. and also answering and checking relevant boxes to indicate that I closed the partnership.

After all these things are done, when I generated the PDF for review (just prior to sending to IRS), it shows my partnership info and sales/profit number, but there is nowhere that shows that the partnership is closed in 2022. Also I do not see 1065 form attached in the PDF which would indicate this kind of stuff (closure).

In other words, for all the questions and checkboxes that I selected for partnership closure, PDF is totally missing this info.

Since this is an amendment in response to a IRS letter I received (which asks me to mark the return FINAL for the partnership), I am worried that IRS won't get my message across... is there a bug with Turbotax Online Premium, or is this the expected behavior ?

1.png3.png2.png

Must I fill out 1065 myself and send them over regular mail along with amendment..? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Amending 2022 return to declare Partnership closure, but it's not reflecting in generated PDF

This is an amendment to a 1065 and not a K-1 (1065), correct?

In the first place, you cannot file an amended return electronically with TurboTax Business. You need to print and mail the amended 1065.

matts19

Actually - I had not reported anything at all about my partnership in my original 2022 return, because the partnership made $0 sale in 2022 and was closed. In other words I completely left out the partnership info in filing. But supposedly I needed to still report on the partnership even if made $0 sale, and declare that it was dissolved. This is what I am trying to do now in my amended 2022 return.

So it sounds like I should amend the 2022 return by including 1065 and send everything via regular mail, correct ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies