Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sylvia56
Returning Member

Amended return made by a CPA

I had to amend my 2019,2020 and 2021 tax returns. I did not know that I have to report foreign rental income. 

Since my computer (or TurboTax ?) did not let me amend the 2019, I hired a CPA to amend the 3 tax returns. They are now under processing by the IRS. My CPA gave me a print of them.

I am ready to finish filing my 2022 tax return. How to proceed with TurboTax since it has no knowledge of these changes/corrections as regards to the rental income? For example, I see that there is some credit carryback/carryforward. Is it possible for me to file?

Or do I have to give the 2022 tax return to my CPA to file? I would like to stay with TurboTax.

Also, once my amended tax returns are approved by the IRS, is there a way to import them into TurboTax?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

when  you do your 2022 tax return, you have to incorporate any changes from your final amended 2021 tax return yourself.

Your CPA shoule be able to tell you what information to carry forward.

@Sylvia56 

Also, once my amended tax returns are approved by the IRS, is there a way to import them into TurboTax?

sorry no. you would have to pretend your amending those returns and enter all the data that the CPA entered then make sure all the forms and lines agree with the amended 1040 for each year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies