turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amazon Vine program income adjustment from 1099-NEC?

I receive products in return for reviews with the Amazon Vine program. I am filing Schedule C as a sole proprietor for the income reported on the 1099-NEC from Amazon.

As example: I received 100 products from Amazon during 2023. Amazon reported my compensation as $5000.  All of the products received were for my personal use. Five of the products received from Amazon were totally unusable and therefore trash.  Reasons for the five products being unusable varied such as item was damaged, parts missing rendering it inoperable, product although complete did not work, etc.  The reported value of those five products was $250.  The resulting effect was that I never received $250 of that reported $5000 because I did not receive five working products. I kept proof the products never worked.

I know how to report the $5000 income. Question is - On the Schedule C, specifically where and how do I report a deduction/adjustment of $250 to offset the income to a true result of $4750. Since these products were for personal use they were never an inventory, so I can't claim it that way.  I've never encountered this situation in 50 years of doing my own taxes.

Thank you in advance for any help.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Please check back later. I will page Champ @Mike9241 

Put it on Schedule C Line 21 or Part V Line 48 with an explanation.

@gardner_official 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies