sammied

Am not self employed. how can one report 1099misc income as income only. I do not have a business. Only do this on side. I am retired. thank you?

MarilynG

If you receive a 1099-Misc with an amount in Box 7, this is considered Self Employment income.

You can have this type of income after retirement.

It is reported on a Schedule C, and you can deduct expenses you incur in generating this income also on Schedule C (supplies, gas, phone, travel, home office, for example).

Type 'schedule c' in the Search window, and then click on 'Jump to schedule c' to start entering info for your business.

TurboTax will guide you along the way, so don't worry.

Click the link for more detailed info on reporting Self-Employment  income and expenses.

MarilynG