turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Am I able to get refunded for the price I paid to file my taxes seeing as I qualify for low income? It’s supposed to be free for people who make under $36,000 a year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Am I able to get refunded for the price I paid to file my taxes seeing as I qualify for low income? It’s supposed to be free for people who make under $36,000 a year.

You will need to contact customer support to discuss any refunds.

Please contact customer support by following the instructions below.     

TurboTax Customer Support   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TXFamily

Hey!
Did you call and what happened?

I feel tricked, because I made 29,000 AGI, was under the impression it was going to be free than spent hours filling out the form, to find out at the end it made me pay $120!!

I also need a refund as I qualify for low income and this is completely unfair to trick people like this... I tried calling but spent 2 hrs on hold. I called back another day and they said they didn’t know anything about low income being free so they would not help me.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax is exclusively available online and has its own dedicated website at taxfreedom.com.  It isn't accessible from the "regular" TurboTax.com website. For more information please click the link below.

What is the IRS Free File Program delivered by Tur ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies