Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

onbfan2-3

My tax return was rejected but, it looks fine. Form 2210

TT has a form 2010 calculation problem as I just spent time actually looking at the form and going through what TT enters, automatically from data we input.  initially the form does not take into account estimated taxes, by IRS design it seems, the you have to go down all the fields and get to the regular method of calculating the penalty.

Each case would be different on the amounts but first issue is block 19 if it shows all amounts over the estimated quarterly then form 2010 clearly says don't file unless a box in part II is checked, which is what TT does automatically.

So that then kicks you down to the box 20 through 26 and in my case it shows all overpayments so again why is TT checking and not allowing us to uncheck box A of Part II?

TT programming is showing no penalty due but marking the box that it is due.  Now other families might not have covered the funds on time but TT is forcing a block checked on the form that is not required by their own calculations.

TT needs to fix the program now!  I did not check Part II Box A  TT did and will not let me uncheck it.

Not fixed - update scheduled for release 3/1
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4621180-form-2210-waiver-checkbox-marked-but-form-isn-t-required">...>
SLHT

@Aloha1 Yes, I filed my return this morning and both federal and state were accepted. All I did was hit the "fix return" button after it got rejected a couple days ago (I waited for the "fix" that was to be implemented on 2/22 before e-filing again; I'm using the online version for a PC). TT gave me some cryptic message about revisiting sections, but I ignored that. I didn't change anything on the return. The 2210 explanation magically appeared in the PDF and my e-filed returns were accepted.
signe

I've had this problem 3x in the last two days. It still isn't fixed. Super frustrating. This is my first year with Turbo Tax and I doubt I'll be using it again next year due to the frustration.

02/24 today got rejected for the first time. afraid to resubmit might just wait till 3/1
brad6

Halle-frickin-lujah, finally got my return accepted.  Must have been the 3/1 update.
onbfan2-3

Amen, yes mine went on 1 March!   First time in lots of years that I was done before the April deadline and it wouldn't go was depressing.  🙂 Happy now.

This appears to be the same error as reported by user aloksukhwani in the question "Federal tax return rejected for Form 2210 85% Waiver. TT "85% Waiver" explanation does not seem to satisfy the IRS requirement of a "WaiverExplanationStatement"".

TT claims that an updated Form 2210 will be available on 2/22 to fix this issue

Mike-D

Where does TT make this claim?
jm7484

I previously read that a fix was put in place by TT on 2/16 which did not fix the issue therefore I am doubtful about the 2/22 fix.
Mike-D

For the original fix (which caused the return to fail pre-transmission review), TurboTax had an official statement where we could subscribe to see updates on a fix.  I'm happy if there is an official statement from TT that there's  fix on 2/22 - I'd just like to see where that is so I can follow developments.   

Hey, Turbo Tax let's get this inability to e-file fixed, since your glitch on form 2022 caused the initial mistake. I use Turbo Tax to be confident that my tax returns are correct. The glitch on the form, and now the inability to e-file after you fixed the glitch, is seriously eroding my confidence in your product. I do not want the expense of printing my entire return and then the exorbitant postage to mail it, and not being sure that it actually gets to the IRS.  I purchase Turbo Tax for accuracy, confidence, and the ability to e-file early. Fix this!!!
dwdvmastr

Having the same issue. I attached the waiver statement and still getting rejected return. Pretty irritated I cannot file my return. Getting ready to travel for 2 weeks and wanted to get taxes submitted before I left.

Where did you find the Waiver Statement form?
dhowema

Looks like the IRS won't accept a return unless a Waiver Explanation Statement is attached to Form 2210. The statement can be found by clicking on "QuickZoom to Waiver Explanation Statement" on Line 17 of Form 2210. I entered "85% Penalty Waiver" and resubmitted my returns. TurboTax informed me that my returns had been accepted within an hour or two.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies