Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ally Invest 1099 consolidated (Apex Clearing) will NOT import -- manual entry just page 1 ONLY?

I've tried everything, it won't import!

To type in what's needed on the consolidated 1099 statement, do you just type in the boxes for the 1099-INT and 1099-DIV and other boxes on page ONE ONLY?

-- OR --

Would you be required to type in all the 8249 info on the following FOURTEEN pages?  !!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Ally Invest 1099 consolidated (Apex Clearing) will NOT import -- manual entry just page 1 ONLY?

Since the program does not tell you to mail in anything, you are set. People need to mail in forms when things have been summarized. If all of your transactions were listed, you can efile and relax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies

did you try to import from bith Apex and Ally. you should contact your broker to see which should be used and that your forms  are ready.

manua entries.

their 1099-INT would require entry in the Turbotax 1099-INT worksheet (just the totals on each line)

for 1099-DIV you would use Turbotax 1099-DIV worksheet (just the totals on each line)

schedule D offers several options, here the one I think best if import doesn't work rather than typing in 14 pages of transcations

on the capital asset worksheet

in the 1099-B there should be a letter for the various types (form 8949 type)  one of the following A,B,C,D,E,F

you just enter totals for each type. in the adjustment code column for each type used enter M which tells the IRS multiple trades are reported on that line.

then you complete form 8453 in Turbotax checking of the 8949 box. Prin tit out.

then follow these instruction and attach all pages of the 1099-B

If you are filing your tax return using an online provider,
mail Form 8453 to the IRS within 3 business days after
you have received acknowledgement from your
intermediate service provider (ISP) and/or transmitter that
the IRS has accepted your electronically filed tax return. If
you don’t receive an acknowledgement, you must contact
your intermediate service provider and/or transmitter.
Mail Form 8453 and the 1099-B to:
Internal Revenue Service
Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254
Receipt and Control Branch
Austin, TX 73344-0254

Thanks for your help with this!

I've been digesting the 14 pages more...

As you said, it's easy to just provide the totals for the INT & DIV.

I'm still trying to understand the 1099-B info.

It seems like everything that needs to be entered is on page 1.

Everything else says more details, summary, for INT, DIV, MISC, & B, etc. etc.

On page 1, which says "to be reported" 1099-B is ZERO

One of the 1099-B summaries says:

Proceeds 3774.28 - cost basis 3719.48 + wash sale 8.66 = 63.48 net gain.

Another summary with similar calculations for other transactions says net loss -9.25

Maybe there's not enough net gain or loss to report on a 1099-B and all I need to enter is page 1?

It seems like the couple of hundred on income is covered on the INT & DIV totals entered & reported.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

It's possible your total stock transactions netted to zero, but that's unlikely. Most consolidated statements have a section for 1099-B called "Summary of proceeds, gains & loss, adjustments, and withholding," or something similar. This section typically displays summary totals for Short-term, Long-term and Undetermined transactions. If the net gain or loss column totals to zero, then you have nothing to report.

Hi, the two forms from Ally Invest (Apex Clearing) look like the attached example.  All this is on page 1, them there's 14 pages of explanations?

In the TT forms view, I can see the one 1-page 1099-B I had to enter for Primerica.  When I review, there are no errors found and they don't ask for anything to be mailed in.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Since the program does not tell you to mail in anything, you are set. People need to mail in forms when things have been summarized. If all of your transactions were listed, you can efile and relax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies