Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

All in all, a thoroughly unpleasant experience

After waiting through two false (both late) availability dates for the form 5695, TT said it was good and allowed the filing of the return on Feb. 8. Today, I received an email from TT saying my return was rejected because the form wasn't filled out correctly.  This is after I had to go through it step-by-step to file on Feb. 8. It turned out that the TT software did not walk me through some basic questions. The fact that they had a programed fix to walk through tells me that it was their fault.  The IRS issued the final version of this form on Dec. 7, according to an IRS email I received.  So TT was not only late, but wrong.

And this is a form on which the only relevant information is a carryforward from prior years.

The TT process for doing this form is a classic example of where linear thinking goes stupidly wrong. If there is nothing but a prior-year loss carryforward, then there is no reason to fill out all the other lines. But no, the TT form forces you to fill in other lines, some of which TT missed in its Feb.8 update.   

Last year, I received my refund in my bank account on Jan 18. This year, re-filed on Feb. 12.  Not a happy customer here.  I had to beg a client for a payment today to cover some bills. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies