Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

goldnetzj

After allocating my 5,000 refund all to one I bond, the system doesn't allow me to go to step 3 under filing

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

After allocating my 5,000 refund all to one I bond, the system doesn't allow me to go to step 3 under filing

We need additional details to be able to assist you further.  Are you getting an error message? Is it a blank screen or missing buttons?  Please post here in the thread and someone will reach out with the next steps.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
goldnetzj

I had an overpayment more than $5,000 so I credited the excess over $5000 to estimated tax and that left a $5,000 refund.  When I tried to allocate it all to i bond purchase and then tried to go to step 3, it would not let me.  So then I changed the amount applied to estimated tax to leave a refund balance of $5,100, allocating $5000 to the bond and $100 to a refund check, and it worked.  The system then allowed me to complete the filing section and filed out Form 8888 with the $5000 allocated to bond and the $100 to a refund check.  So it seems that if the refund amount is exactly $5,000 the system won't work because I guess the refund is not "split" between the i bond and the refund check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies