Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Accuracy of Turbo Tax

I just returned to my file for my 2019 income tax return and noted the amount of my Federal income tax refund at that point.  I added over $1,000 in medical expenses (I was already eligible for a medical expense deduction) and $700+ in interest & dividends from Charles Schwab.  Those entries had absolutely no effect on the amount of my Federal income tax refund shown on the top of the page.  Coud this possibly be accurate??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Accuracy of Turbo Tax

Yes, you can be confident in submitting your return.  TurboTax has an accuracy guarantee.  If you would like to review your return before filing, you can pay before you file, and then print or review your tax forms.  You will still be able to make changes prior to filing.  

Follow these steps to pay for your return before filing.  You will also be able to print a preliminary copy of your return in TuboTax Online:

• click on "Tax Tools" on the left hand side of your screen.
  • From the drop down menu click on "Print Center"
  • Click on "Print, save or preview" this year's return
  • On the next screen click on "Pay Now"
  • Submit your payment information and you will be able to print your 2015 tax returns

Note, you must pay by credit card.  You will not be able to pay using your federal tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Accuracy of Turbo Tax

Yes, the Federal Refund/Due Meter at top left hand side of your screen is an estimate only so it could be incorrect.  It will change as you continually input data.  You may hide this number if it is distracting while completing your return.

Accuracy of Turbo Tax

Thank you.  I have now completed the return, and the software program has checked for errors and found none.  The Federal tax return amount remained the same!!  Can I be confident in submitting this return??

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Accuracy of Turbo Tax

Yes, you can be confident in submitting your return.  TurboTax has an accuracy guarantee.  If you would like to review your return before filing, you can pay before you file, and then print or review your tax forms.  You will still be able to make changes prior to filing.  

Follow these steps to pay for your return before filing.  You will also be able to print a preliminary copy of your return in TuboTax Online:

• click on "Tax Tools" on the left hand side of your screen.
  • From the drop down menu click on "Print Center"
  • Click on "Print, save or preview" this year's return
  • On the next screen click on "Pay Now"
  • Submit your payment information and you will be able to print your 2015 tax returns

Note, you must pay by credit card.  You will not be able to pay using your federal tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies