turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ACA Health PTC and SLCSP Allocation policy shared with more than one person

I'm filing a return for 2023 for me and my wife married filing jointly. Our daughter who is filing separately as she is not a dependent was part of the ACA health policy. TurboTax says that "if you shared your policy with more than one person, contact us and we'll help you allocate your policy amounts".

I guess my daughter will also have the same issue as she shared her policy with 2 people (myself and her mom).

Question: how do each one of us allocate the percentages? Right now the intention is to allocate 90% to my daughter as she has the lowest income, and we will allocate ourselves 10%.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The policy is shared between 2 tax families not individuals so for you there are only 2 allocations. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can allocate it any way you wish. 

Correct but TurboTax only has one field to enter the other persons' social security numbers. Where do I enter multiple? For example, my daughter's return ask for the other person's social security number, but there are two people, my wife and myself. 

Same thing with my return, I share it with two people but only have one field available to enter a social security number.

The policy is shared between 2 tax families not individuals so for you there are only 2 allocations. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies