turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HAB2
Level 1

ABA Routing Number for Bank of America Account in North Carolina

I have seen multiple posts about Turbo Tax not accepting an ABA routing number for Bank of America (BOA).  There is a solution posted but it does not work.  I have used a North Carolina BOA routing number for years and it worked fine.  I used it last year without issue.  This year, I get an error message and can't proceed with filing electronically.  I've called Turbo Tax help and after 2 hours working with an agent, the issue could not be resolved.

I have verified the number I'm using with BOA.  I have cleared by cache.  I have tried entering the number through the Forms tab, I have rebooted.  I have checked for updates.  I've done everything that was suggested to know avail.  At one point, the agent assisting me suggesting changing a single digit for the NC ABA account number.  I explained that was not the right number and perhaps Turbo Tax had a typo in their ABA file which was causing the issue.

I am not the only person with this issue and I can't find anyone at Turbo Tax to find a solution.  Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone with a North Carolina BOA account found a work-around?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HAB2
Level 1

This is finally resolved.  If anyone else has this issue, remove the ABA number entered.  Then enter [removed].  Then delete that and re-enter the number.  Stupid workaround but it worked.  Only took 4 hours to get the answer.

View solution in original post

HAB2
Level 1

And the tool here deleted the workaround.  Enter the numbers 1 through 9 (9 digits) and then delete and enter correct ABA.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

HAB2
Level 1

Yes, and unfortunately, the ABA number provided is what I'm using, and Turbo Tax won't take it.  :(

HAB2
Level 1

This is finally resolved.  If anyone else has this issue, remove the ABA number entered.  Then enter [removed].  Then delete that and re-enter the number.  Stupid workaround but it worked.  Only took 4 hours to get the answer.

HAB2
Level 1

And the tool here deleted the workaround.  Enter the numbers 1 through 9 (9 digits) and then delete and enter correct ABA.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies