turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax fails to import 1099 from Robinhood. It was supposed to be available by today. Only reason for using TurboTax was so I don't have to enter transactions by hand.

When I submit my Robinhood account info I get an error message: 

"You can come back later to get this form. If you already have a copy, you can enter this info by hand. (103)".

I've tried multiple times with no luck. My only reason for choosing TurboTax was so I wouldn't have to enter hundreds of transactions by hand. I wish they would tell me why the request fails.

I looked at the browser console, it's riddled with errors: 

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()","Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input at widget.js:1"

This seems a little sloppy for a company that's handling the taxes of millions of people.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonC1

TurboTax fails to import 1099 from Robinhood. It was supposed to be available by today. Only reason for using TurboTax was so I don't have to enter transactions by hand.

It sounds like Robinhood.com has not finalized the import function. This if from Robinhood.com:

Importing Trade History to TurboTax

We’re still fine tuning our integration with TurboTax to give you the best experience possible.  When that’s done, we’ll be sure to post detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to import your tax documents from Robinhood.  Stay tuned for updates!  

The link is below if you want to refer back to it to watch for updates.

https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001215263-How-to-Upload-Your-Form-1099-to-TurboTa... 

View solution in original post

49 Replies

That message comes from Robinhood, not TurboTax.  Ask Robinhood that question.
      **Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001215223-Downloading-Your-Tax-Documents">https:/...>
      If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
      USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
      **Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
      j7marquez

I have the same problem
      noein

i'm also experiencing this issue. I've reached out to robinhood, haven't heard back.
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

This is also not working for M1 finance. I think it's and issue with Apex Clearing House?

i'm having issues with Robinhood-Apex. I can see the 1099 form on the app, but when i try to connect it to TurboTax, it throws an error: W2 not found.

worked fine for robinhood-robinhood securities

Ask Robinhood - they supply the forms.
      **Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
      noein

I received a reply back from Robinhood on this. Here's what they told me:

"You may be experiencing trouble importing your tax information into TurboTax if you have an Apex Clearing Form 1099. Tax documents issued by Apex will be ready for importing into TurboTax on February 17th."

I am experiencing same problem.
      griker88

Same issue. It should let us attempt to import if it's not even ready when we get the notification our form is ready.

Robinhood - apex is now working for me.

What version of TurboTax are you guys currently using if you have Robinhood crypto?

noein

I'm still not able to import. I've tried both the mobile and desktop versions of Turbotax and triple checked my information. I've tried probably a few dozen times over the last few days. Definitely not going to hand type in 50+ pages of transactions, I will just take my forms into another tax prep business.
      mkitlan

When trying to import my 1099-B from Robinhood - Apex on DESKTOP - WINDOWS, TurboTax successfully imports the 1099-B, but then crashes on save.
      When trying to import my 1099-B from Robinhood - Apex on ONLINE, TurboTax gives as error: This import was unsuccessful
      You can see more of my issues on TurboTax Desktop here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4652957-crashes-on-save-after-import-of-large-1099-b-first-time-re...>
      SharonC1

It sounds like Robinhood.com has not finalized the import function. This if from Robinhood.com:

Importing Trade History to TurboTax

We’re still fine tuning our integration with TurboTax to give you the best experience possible.  When that’s done, we’ll be sure to post detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to import your tax documents from Robinhood.  Stay tuned for updates!  

The link is below if you want to refer back to it to watch for updates.

https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001215263-How-to-Upload-Your-Form-1099-to-TurboTa... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
          Manage cookies