mwkunes001

A company sent my 1099 misc to my temporay address in another state. Do I need a corrected 1099 misc issued?

I live in Wisconsin and spend a Jan and Feb in Arizona. A business in Minnesota sent my 1099 Misc to my temporary address in Arizona. No Fed or state income taxes were withheld. I will only be filing a Wisconsin state return. Do I need a corrected 1099 showing my Wisconsin address? I'm thinking no.

Advise please.

Carl

No. The address on the 1099-MISC is irrelevant really. There's nothing wrong with the 1099-MISC as it does show the income paid to you, as well as the taxes withheld if any were actually withheld.

Carl