• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwkunes001

A company sent my 1099 misc to my temporay address in another state. Do I need a corrected 1099 misc issued?

I live in Wisconsin and spend a Jan and Feb in Arizona. A business in Minnesota sent my 1099 Misc to my temporary address in Arizona. No Fed or state income taxes were withheld. I will only be filing a Wisconsin state return. Do I need a corrected 1099 showing my Wisconsin address? I'm thinking no.

Advise please.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Carl
Level 15

A company sent my 1099 misc to my temporay address in another state. Do I need a corrected 1099 misc issued?

No. The address on the 1099-MISC is irrelevant really. There's nothing wrong with the 1099-MISC as it does show the income paid to you, as well as the taxes withheld if any were actually withheld.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

No. The address on the 1099-MISC is irrelevant really. There's nothing wrong with the 1099-MISC as it does show the income paid to you, as well as the taxes withheld if any were actually withheld.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v