Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ruppll

2023 Turbo Tax not up to par

I have used Turbo tax since the first year it was introduced. This years program is so bad that I probably will not use it anymore. Many issues, the top ones:

1. Did not properly import last years data, missing some data, and incorrect data, I tried to manually put in some data, would not let me.

2. When I went to file it kept telling me I had errors that were not there. 

3. Very sluggish in some sections of the program, it would just sit there for a minutes before the next step.

The biggest issue is that it not calculate underpayment and interest for taxes owed.  Last years program did this. I just received a letter from the IRS that we owe them another $165.00 that the program should have been able to calculate. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

2023 Turbo Tax not up to par

In the future, if you do encounter issues loading the program and you are using TurboTax online, I suggest trying to clear your cache.  Many times this helps clear the browser and allows the program to work smoothly.  It might also resolve some of the other issues you were having with the input.

As far as the underpayment penalty, typically it would automatically be computed when you prepared your return.  However, since it was not calculated for you, you can also try contacting us under the Accuracy Calculation Guarantee.  You can submit a claim and TurboTax will review the information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies