Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 Form 5695 in Turbotax incorrectly assigning maximum 500 credit for heat pumps, should be 2000

When the updated 5695 in Turbotax was first released in early February, I correctly received the 2000 max credit for heat pumps. However it appears that an update since then (I am now checking at end of February) has changed the max credit for heat pumps to 500. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed in a future update?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

2023 Form 5695 in Turbotax incorrectly assigning maximum 500 credit for heat pumps, should be 2000

This should be corrected in the next update.  Please let us know if you can e-file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you - is there any expected timing for this update?

When I look at the 5695 form details in turbotax, I found the error in the 5695 Joint Occupant Residential Energy Costs worksheet. For heat pumps/biomass stoves, the "total maximum eligible costs for column (b) of lines 9-11" should be 6,667, NOT 1,667 as currently in the worksheet. The current 1,667 leads to a max credit of 1,667 x 0.3 = 500 instead of the correct 6,667 x 0.3 = 2000 credit.

When I incorrectly say I don't jointly own the home, the correct credit of 2000 appears, since it bypasses this incorrect joint occupant worksheet.
Can this be corrected?

@Cynthiad66 in case my reply wasn't sent to you automatically

@Cynthiad66 @arnoldpark 

I am having the exact same problem - furthermore - Turbotax will not allow you to edit the 5695 form to correct it manually.  We deserve to have a fix for this now.  I spent an hour and half on the phone with Customer Support today - with them telling me that it was because my operating system was out of date.  No sir.  I installed turbotax on another one of my computers and also created another tax return from scratch with different data - still same result.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies