Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aragno
Returning Member

2021 Tax Return - November 17, 2022 deadline - Mail-in Tax Return?

I have a question and hope this knowledgable group can clarify and assist.

My tax return is a little too complicated for me to get the IRS free-file sites to work.

I prepared the return using TurboTax and have a refund owed to me- consisting of "3rd stimulus check."

I understand the deadline to submit a return is 17-Nov but if my only option is to mail-in, will a postmarked 17-Nov envelope serve the same purpose/ends?

TurboTax doesn't participate in the free-file so I was unsuccessful in e-file submission of my 2021 return; I tried a few times an hour or two ago.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

2021 Tax Return - November 17, 2022 deadline - Mail-in Tax Return?

@aragno - the deadline to submit a 2021 tax return to obtain a refund is April 17, 2025 - three years from the original deadline. 

the deadline this week is to use the free file program for 2021 - that is all.  Turbo Tax closed its 2021 efile system last month to prepare for 2022.

just so I understand, you are stating you NEVER received the 3rd stimuls payment, so there is $1400 sitting on Line 30..... if you ALREADY recceived the 3rd stimulus payment, Line 30 should be zero 

figure a paper filed return will take up to 6 months to process.  the IRS has been woefully behind on paper returns but is slowly catching up.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies