Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2021 Form 2210 Calculation Error

The approved Form 2210 showed up in my update today but there is an error in the form.

What I am experiencing while selecting Option C and option D,  in Part II of Form 2210, Part III Line 10a (required installments 1st QTR) is not pulling the value from Form 2210AI line 27a as it should.   It actually appears to be pulling the number from Form 2210AI Line 21B ( amount of tax due through 5/31) which results in a penalty being due even though the "go to supporting form" click does go to the proper form and cell.   Its just not taking that number.   

I have fully deleted the forms 2210, 2210AI and 2010 Penalty in an attempt to correct the problem.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

174 Replies

Reported same error in another post.  I called Turbotax to report this issue this morning because there is no way to edit Form 2210 line 10 box (a) to override this data transfer error from Form 2210 AI.  I have a case number covering this issue and will call again in a few days if the next update doesn't fix the error.

I am experiencing the same exact problem. Glad to know there's a report filed.

I also noted that the step by step page in the underpayment penalty section for entering withholding information for each period is messed up for the second and third periods.  Both of these should specify 6/15/21 rather than 7/15/21 so that the withholding data matches the income periods that are use in Form 2210 series.  This would affect the penalty calculation, but in taxpayer's favor, if the data through 7/15/21 was entered.  Still no update this morning to correct the error with Form 2210 line 10 box (a) and I haven't found any workarounds that will override the incorrect number without causing other problems with the Form 2210 series calculations. 

Sorry no help here, I have the same problem.  It took a long time to try to explain it to "Customer Support".  Their resolution was to send me a link to the community form!!!

I saw that Tax4fp posted about this, and I've got the same problem, too.

I was unable to get help from anywhere, and I don't have a case number, so I hope someone posts here if it gets fixed.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

This issue is currently being investigated, please check back to this TurboTax Community periodically, for updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ssel
Level 2

I hit this too.

I have the same problem, too. Line 27(a) from form 2210AI does not correctly transfer to Line 10(a) of form 2210.

Same problem on Form 2210 Part III Line 10a. TurboTax is not using the info from Form 2210 Schedule A1 line 27a, but is using line 27 information for Line 10b,c,d.  

Also the data in Form 2210 Part III Line 11 b & c are incorrect & should be swapped.  i.e. Data in Line 11b should be in Line 11c & Data in Line 11c should be in line 11b.

I have the same problem. In my case, Form 2210AI Line 27, column A is DOUBLED when it's sent to form 2210 line 10 column A. As a result it calculates a penalty, which shouldn't exist for me. 

I called TurboTax support and the first person said I could over-ride the number on Form 2210. That's true, but then you get a form error and can't e-file. So after about 90 minutes they had me send a "diagnostic file" to them and created a case number for this problem for me.

Hopefully they can fix this soon.  If we get close to April 15, I know I can just print it out with the over-ride and submit via paper. But that's a crappy solution.

Submitting via paper is an undesireable solution especially if you have a refund coming.  A recent Kiplinger Tax Letter reported that the IRS has a backlog of some 6 million 2010 paper returns yet to be processed.

Exact same problem.  thank you for submitting the issue so clearly.  Turbo Tax please fix!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are currently working to get this issue fixed. 

Please go here to sign up for an email alert for when this is resolved. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Leonid224
Returning Member

@CarissaMThank you for your reply -- hitting the same issue.

The sign-up form you linked isn't working -- it errors on "Sign-in required", but the sign-in button isn't working. Also, the page linked is for last year's tax season.

I am happy that this issue is being worked on!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies