Oneuhgolf

2018 turbo tax requires Mac IOS10.12 yet my computer which dates back to late 2011 can't upgrade to this IOS. Are there any workarounds?

You should be able to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS as a new system, rather than an upgrade.  You would lose any other applications unless you have the CDs or license codes to re-install them as well.  (You may be able to reinstall your apps from a Time Machine backup, but that does not always work.  It's best to reinstall from the original installer file or disk).  You will also lose your data files, songs, movies, etc. of course, and will have to reload them from a backup.  This procedure will literally erase everything on the hard drive.

There are a couple of procedures online to download the OS installer to a flash drive, which you use to reboot your Mac, erase the hard drive, and reinstall a clean copy of the new OS.  I can give you a link if you want to try it.

Or, you will have to return the CD, and use Turbotax Online (the web version) which works from any web connected computer.

The CD has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee from Intuit if the original seller won't take it back.

The Satisfaction Guaranteed policy and claim form are here.

I’ve upgraded my 2010 laptop to 10.14, are you sure you can’t upgrade?
Oneuhgolf

My Mac asks for my user if and an error shows up stating another user owns the IOS. That’s true since I purchased this several years ago from a company that updated the iOS. Not sure what to do now.

musiciscool

Shouldn't have to do this for a simple tax return App! This is a lame! If I don't find a workaround I'm happy with, my decade long relationship with Turbotax is over, & I'll leave the other Intuit products as well....