emmanueldurai

2016 I used my spouse's ITIN but this year she has SSN which I used for return. May be this is the reason for getting rejection "SpousePriorYearPIN or AIGAmt must match"?

To re mediate, should I use 0 for AIG Amount and will it go through? If it does will it create an issue? I will later get things sorted with IRS to update my spouse's tax records to use SSN instead of ITIN. OR is it suggested to first update things with IRS and then file my return ?
jbeasley2

You will have to use 0 for the AGI if you are using the SSN this year because the IRS has no record of a return fbeing filed with that number last year.  You can go ahead and file the return now using this method.  If for any reason the return still won't go through with the 0, you can still file by mailing in a paper return for this year.