Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2 K-1s, one has Statement A the other does not?

My wife and I have an LLC, she has 90% ownership and I have 10%.  The K-1 that TurboTax Business produced for my wife has a Statement A, but mine does not.  Is that because of the percentage of ownership?  Also should I just fill out the QBI information when entering her K-1 (check the box XXX LLC has UBIA of qualified property) and just skip it when entering my K-1 information since my K-1 did not come with a Statement A or do I need to put the same information under my K-1 and use the same numbers as what is on her Statement A  (somehow I feel this will be duplicating the QBI)?  Thank you for any help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I have been very confused over the years by the reference to "Statement A".

The regular K-1 has its normal set of entries - - - but is 'Statement A' the summary of additional information that PTP's provide as what they term "K-1 Supplemental Information Schedule"?  That is normally a set of things that start with a 20 code.

Or is 'Statement A' something other than that??  Possibly something that is generated by TurboTax itself, rather than being provided by a third party?

Statement A refers to the QBI Pass-through Entity Reporting.   It lists the Ordinary business income (loss) and the UBIA of qualified property.  The K-1s are generated automatically with TurboTax Business (Form 1065) and I just answered my own question as I missed that the Statement A was there for my K-1, I guess I just didn't print it out correctly.   : - (

It sounds like the terminology of 'Statement A' is unique to TT-generated K-1's?

Publicly-traded Partnerships (PTPs) do not use that designation - they just include all sorts of info on the K-1's they provide.  But none of them call anything a 'Statement A'.

That is my confusion, as I've been looking for their Statement A's, but they don't seem to exist under that name for a PTP.  Or am I missing something entirely?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The QBI information is reported on Statement A (an IRS document) that is sent with Schedule K-1. 

See screenshot below.

@HardtoKeepUp 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@PatriciaV   Have never received that type of statement from a PTP,  and have been investing in that space for over 15 years.  They summarize their QBI info in a single entry called "20Z".  No separate QBI statement, per se.

Is a mystery to me who issues 'Statement A'.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies