Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cah102984

1099MISC Aking for EIN or TIN and no allowing SSN as entry

Hi, I've been searching for answers for literally the last thing I need to file today for hours.....I'm self employed. I do not have nor have I ever had a EIN or TIN number. I'm being asked on a 1099MISC at the end of my filling for one.  The form will not let me put my SSN in place.  I also can't find this "extra" form anywhere.  Really need this done today and I'm out of answers. Turbotax will not let me proceed without entering a valid number. And I have looked everywhere for this form when filing and can't find it anywhere on the platform to delete it. Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
cah102984

Nevermind I finally figured it out! For anyone that may have this problem: Go to your documents. I found an untitled form and simply deleted it. Ridiculous that TurboTax can't figure this out on its own!

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You should not have to enter YOUR social security number on any form, because TurboTax already knows it.   On a 1099 form, you are asked to enter the Payer's EIN or SSN number.   TheRE is a box where you can choose the format on the entry screen.   You have to choose whether the payer's ID is a:

SSN -    XXX-XX-XXXX

EIN -      XX-XXXXXXX  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies