Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099int issued in her name and ssn

My spouse passed in 2022, I filed a final  joint tax  return for the year , than opened an estate and applied for an EIN, which I received. This was forwarded to the payer, so I thought. I received a 1099int from her escrow account which is  solely in her name, with her SSN rather than the EIN. Because the amount is minimal (under $11.00) I'm at a loss what to do. that is the only taxable income that was received, well below the $600.00 estate income filing requirement. Is the EIN and SSN intertwined with the IRS  so it  is received correctly? If so can I just forget about it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Yes.  You can just ignore that 1099-INT.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can you elaborate on it alittle further. It's my understanding that her social security number became void when she passed. I had afew other questions in my posting as well.

thank you

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

The social security number and employer identification numbers are not intertwined. The IRS will associate the income reported on the 1099 form with the deceased individual's personal tax return, but since the income is below the minimum filing requirement, they will not expect a tax return to be filed and one does not have to be filed. So, you don't need to report the income anywhere. I am sorry for your loss.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies